The Children and Young People’s Strategic Partnership oversees a number of Northern Ireland wide sub-groups established to take forward integrated planning on a Northern Ireland wide basis, including a Sub-Group on Young Carers.
Young Carers are defined as:
|‘Children and young persons aged up to 18 years who have a substantive caring role for a member for their family and Children and young persons aged up to 18 years whose health or development is affected due to their caring responsibilities.’|
Given the importance of their role within the family context and the effect that this level of responsibility may have on their development and emotional well-being, it is vital to ensure that Young Carers receive additional support they may require.
Young Carers were invited to Stormont for the launch of the Regional Young Carers Service in May 2010.
Nominated representatives from the statutory, voluntary, and community sectors who are concerned with improving the lives of Young Carers across Northern Ireland, make up this Sub Group. This Sub Group will plan what needs to change to address the rights and needs of Young Carers and improve their outcomes, focussing on those issues that must be addressed at a Northern Ireland level.
The Sub Group will produce an action plan that will set out what it will do to ensure that the outcomes for Young Carers are improved. The Sub Group will decide on a set of indicators which will be used to measure how well Young Carers are doing in Northern Ireland over time. This will help the Sub Group know if its joint work is changing the lives of Young Carers for the better.
The Sub Group will work closely with the Outcomes Groups to ensure that outcomes for Young Carers are addressed at local level as well as at Northern Ireland level.
- Young Carers Minutes 1st Dec 2015
- Young Carers Minutes 12Mar2015
- Young Carers Minutes 09Dec2014
- Young Carers Minutes 29Aug2014
- Young Carers Minutes 20Feb2014
- Young Carers Minutes10Dec13
- Young Carers Minutes05Dec13 (Sub-group)
- Young Carers Minutes26Sept13
- Young Carers Minutes14Jun13
- Young Carers Minutes22Nov12
- Young Carers Minutes25Oct12
- Young Carers Minutes05Sept12
- Young Carers Minutes08May12
- Young Carers Minutes10Jan12
- Young Carers Minutes23Nov11
- Young Carers Minutes14Oct11