The South Armagh Locality Planning Group was established in the Spring of 2010. The group is made up of a broad range of community, statutory and voluntary organisations with a remit for children and young people in the area. The group aims to improve the well-being of children and young people through a multi-agency planning approach. The initial meetings dealt with the establishment of the LPG, function and remit and training on the Outcomes Based Planning Model.
Learn more about locality groups
Learn more about outcomes groups here
The South Armagh LPG is part of the Southern outcomes group
Learn about the origins of the South Armagh group within the CAWT Outcomes for Children project website.
The LPG is in an ongoing process of engagement with children, young people and families in the area. Engagement work to date includes:
- A LPG workshop in conjunction with Participation Network to develop an engagement plan
- Engagement workshops held with Newtownhamilton Young Farmers and the South Armagh Youth Forum to identify issues and solutions
- A South Armagh Youth Conference identifying issues and solutions
- A Disability Conference identifying concerns raised by parents and carers of young people with special needs
- A questionnaire developed by young people and completed by more than four hundred young people across South Armagh
- A Youth Residential examining issues for young people across South Armagh
- Youth Programmes enabling young people to examine issues/solutions in Killeavy and Meigh.
- South Armagh LPG October to December 2015 Meeting Dates
- South Armagh – Evidence of Need to Support Key Priorities
- LPG Update Report to Southern Outcomes Group 2015
- South Armagh 2015 LPG meeting dates
- South Armagh Stakeholder Event Family Support Hub Presentation – 20 May 2014
- South Armagh Stakeholder Event Presentations – 20 May 2014
- CYPSP raise Awareness for Anti-Bullying Week
- South Armagh LPG Outcome Monitoring Report 2011