The Rural Dungannon Locality group was established in November 2012 and covers the areas Augher, Clogher, Fivemiletown, Altmore, Ballygawley and Caledon. The group is made up of a broad range of community, statutory, and voluntary organisations alongside Councillors with the remit for children and young people in the area. The group aims to improve the outcomes for children and young people through a multiagency planning approach. The locality planning group is an ongoing process of engagement with children, young people and their families.
Engagement with over 200 families and pupils from four local schools to highlight the range of support services available for people in the Rural Dungannon area. The need to raise awareness of family support services among rural communities in Dungannon was highlighted in the Rural Dungannon locality group action plan.
Recently the group hosted a visit from the Northern Ireland Commissioner for Children and Young People. The group were able to discuss the issues relating to children and young people in the Dungannon-Rural area.
Promotion of Oil Stamps
Parenting classes for parents in Clogher
Money management courses running at present
- Delivering Social Change through childcare- Rural Dungannon
- Rural Dungannon LPG Meeting Dates for 2016
- Rural Dungannon LPG October to December 2015 Meeting Dates
- LPG Update Report to Southern Outcomes Group 2015
- Rural Dungannon 2015 LPG Meeting Dates
- Dungannon Rural, Stakeholder Event Press Release – 27 June 2014
- Dungannon Rural, Tooth Fairy Event Press Release – 15 May 2014
- CYPSP Raise Awareness for Anti-Bullying Week